Quantcast

squirrel-sql.jar in sql12/core/lib?

Neville Rowe
Hi All,
I used to contribute a little to Squirrel SQL many years ago. Just starting to look at it again and there have many significant improvements so thanks and congratulations to Gerd, Rob, etc.
Assuming I have some more time now I may start contributing again as there are a couple of points I'd like to investigate. In the meantime, two points
1) I notice that squirrel-sql.jar is in git within core/lib - clearly a slightly older version to that which someone compiles themselves. Is that necessary?2) The main class is listed in the manifest however according to Oracle if you do that then you should also add the classpath within the manifest.
I think I possibly still have commit rights in which case could fix them, however it has been so long since I did that I thought an email would be more polite......
Neville

Re: squirrel-sql.jar in sql12/core/lib?

Gerd Wagner-3
Hi Neville,

good to hear from you.

Am 16.02.2015 um 16:30 schrieb Neville Rowe:
> Hi All, I used to contribute a little to Squirrel SQL many years ago.
> Just starting to look at it again and there have many significant
> improvements so thanks and congratulations to Gerd, Rob, etc.
Thank you.

> Assuming I have some more time now I may start contributing again as
> there are a couple of points I'd like to investigate. In the
> meantime, two points 1) I notice that squirrel-sql.jar is in git
> within core/lib - clearly a slightly older version to that which
> someone compiles themselves. Is that necessary?
No it's not. Thanks for pointing it out. I just removed the Jar from Git.

> 2) The main class is
> listed in the manifest however according to Oracle if you do that
> then you should also add the classpath within the manifest. I think I
> possibly still have commit rights in which case could fix them,
I never heard anybody asking for it. Probably because our usual
installation doesn't need it. But it would certainly do no harm to have
it done right. So please go ahead.

> however it has been so long since I did that I thought an email would
> be more polite...... Neville
Is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: squirrel-sql.jar in sql12/core/lib?

Neville Rowe
Hi Gerd,
An answer to the manifest contents is that the manifest can be built dynamically in the build.xml, rather than including a separate file. We can then build the classpath in the manifest automatically from the build classpath.
Shall I make those changes and push them over to you in the master git repository?
Neville