squirrel sql client installation

ke.ma

Hi Expert,

I’m trying to build connection between my standalone hbase and squirrel sql client.

The standalone hbase is build on a Linux machine without hadoop.

The hbase-site.xml contains only one property as below:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<configuration>

        <property>

                <name>hbase.rootdir</name>

                <value>file:///kelvin/hbase</value>

        </property>

</configuration>

<!--

The setting on squirrel sql client is set up as follows:

Name: Hbase

Driver: Phoenix

User Name: root (I don’t know how to create a hbase user so I put the linux os login user here)

I believe the Phoenix driver has been set up correctly since a check sign can be seen beside the driver name.

When I connect to hbase using alias Hbase, I got the following errors:

java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

              at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)

              at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.awaitConnection(OpenConnectionCommand.java:132)

              at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.access$100(OpenConnectionCommand.java:45)

              at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand$2.run(OpenConnectionCommand.java:115)

              at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

              at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards

Ma Ke

Re: squirrel sql client installation

Alexandre Peshansky

You do know that Linux is case-sensitive, right?

Your .xml shows path as

                /kelvin/hbase

but your SQuirreL URL shows it as

                /Kelvin/hbase

--

Alexandre Peshansky, MS

Senior Bioinformatics Analyst, Research Informatics Core (RIC)

Harold & Muriel Block Institute for Clinical & Translational Research at Einstein and Montefiore

Albert Einstein College of Medicine

1300 Morris Park Ave, Block Bldg., Rm 534 Bronx, NY 10461

(718) 430-2440, (914) 457-6792 (office) (347) 886-2380 (cell)