remote db2 connection over ssh tunnel

Shilpa Kotiyan
Hi,
I am using squirrel 3.7  to connect to a db2 database on linux. I am tunneled to the DB server over ssh using putty. I confirmed that the tunnel is working as I can execute sql over the command line. However, when I attempt to connect via squirrel;, I get the error below:

Connection via DB2 universal driver. using the format "jdbc:db2://localhost:port/dbname"

Java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.DisconnectNonTransientConnectionException: [jcc][t4][2057][11264][4.17.29] The application server rejected establishment of the connection.
An attempt was made to access a database, AUTH, which was either not found or does not support transactions. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08004
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:123)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.awaitConnection(OpenConnectionCommand.java:132)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand.access$100(OpenConnectionCommand.java:45)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.mainframe.action.OpenConnectionCommand$2.run(OpenConnectionCommand.java:115)
at

Re: remote db2 connection over ssh tunnel

Matt Ferreira
What CLI commands are you issuing?

I have always used the IBM drivers over the SQUIRREL included drivers FWIW

Matt Ferreira
[hidden email]

--

Shilpa Kotiyan / Chief Architect, eCommerce
216.287.7768 / [hidden email]

Zilker Technology
http://www.ztech.io

Re: remote db2 connection over ssh tunnel

John Hardin
On Mon, 29 Aug 2016, Shilpa Kotiyan wrote:

> I am using the CLI commands through putty. Just to verify that my ssh
> commands are working. However, I want to use squirrel to connect to the DB
> and I am using the drivers provided by IBM (db2jcc) . using the format
> "jdbc:db2://localhost:port/dbname"  in the Squirrel alias as I have the
> port 50000 on my local host tunneled to db2 server host.

Does the AUTH database exist? Does it support transactions?

WAG by a non-DB2 user: I expect the JDBC driver may be doing OOB
authentication via a different port. You might need to sniff network
traffic (or read docs) to see if you need to redirect another port to the
DB server as well.

  John Hardin KA7OHZ                    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
  [hidden email]    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a [hidden email]
  key: 0xB8732E79 -- 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79
   Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) means that now you use your
   computer at the sufferance of Microsoft Corporation. They can
   kill it remotely without your consent at any time for any reason;
   it also shuts down in sympathy when the servers at Microsoft crash.

[...]

 251 days since the first successful real return to launch site (SpaceX)