problem with export of result of squirrel

problem with export of result of squirrel

Seyen, Jef

I have a problem with export of a small result

I am using version 3.5.3

Only 74 rows are in result (so not big file)

When i export with paramaters like shown , i dont get any result

Jef Seyen

Applicatiebeheerder

ESF-Agentschap Vlaanderen vzw

Gasthuisstraat 31

1000 Brussel

Tel: 02/5462247  Fax:02/546 22 40

Re: problem with export of result of squirrel

Alexandre Peshansky
You did check that you can write to D:\, right?  And you do realize that you are exporting .csv format into .xls file?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 9, 2014, at 9:53 PM, "Seyen, Jef" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have a problem with export of a small result

I am using version 3.5.3

Only 74 rows are in result (so not big file)

<image001.png>

When i export with paramaters like shown , i dont get any result

<image002.png>

Jef Seyen

Applicatiebeheerder

ESF-Agentschap Vlaanderen vzw

Gasthuisstraat 31

1000 Brussel

Tel: 02/5462247  Fax:02/546 22 40

image001.png (57K) Download Attachment
image002.png (76K) Download Attachment

Re: problem with export of result of squirrel

Stepan RYBAR
Hello, Jef,

I have the same problem for years. But I have a workaround.

Try to run sql select again, then NOT TO LEFT MOUSE CLICK ANYWHERE INTO RESULT SET TABLE and right mouse click for export procedure. You simply get info, if the export is successful, if You get popup window that "Export of ... rows to file ... is complete." I

Regarding the error: Once You click into ResultSet table, and then export to MS Excel, You can see the error in SQuirreL event log pasted below. I think, that the problem occurs, if the ResultSet table contains (C)LOB column with nulls and before export You click into null cell of (C)LOB column. At least this is the way, how can I reproduce the error anytime.

Stepan

2014-09-10 08:55:35,121 [AWT-EventQueue-1] ERROR net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.Main  - Exception occured dispatching Event java.awt.event.MouseEvent[MOUSE_RELEASED,(70,188),absolute(939,865),button=1,modifiers=Button1,clickCount=1] on win0
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.gui.action.TableExportCsvCommand.checkMissingData(TableExportCsvCommand.java:58)
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.gui.action.AbstractExportCommand.execute(AbstractExportCommand.java:190)
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.gui.TablePopupMenu$ExportCsvAction.actionPerformed(TablePopupMenu.java:397)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.Main$1.dispatchEvent(Main.java:99)

m1485e59da88m5b8 (54K) Download Attachment

Re: problem with export of result of squirrel

Seyen, Jef
Great ,

I thought it was needed to select all rows and to export then.

I did like that always and in 95% of cases it works.

When I click in the result table, and export I don’t get an error message
There are indeed clob fields in the result.

I adapted the query so clob fields are not in the result anymore.
SO when I select all , then export is working fine.

So I know the reason for the issue.

MANY THANKS

Jef Seyen

Applicatiebeheerder
ESF-Agentschap Vlaanderen vzw
Gasthuisstraat 31
1000 Brussel

Re: problem with export of result of squirrel

Hi Stepan and Jef,

please have a look at the snapshot here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/squirrel-sql/files/3-snapshots/snapshot-20140910_2140/

and let me know if the bug is fixed.

Thanks

Gerd

Am 10.09.2014 um 09:06 schrieb Stepan RYBAR:

> [...]
>      at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
>      at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
>      at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
>      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>      at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
>      at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
>      at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.Main$1.dispatchEvent(Main.java:99)
>      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
>      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
>      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
>      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
>      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
>      at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

How to set default size of Result's "Value of column ..." pop-up window?

Stepan RYBAR
Good morning,

is there any way, how can I set the default size of Result's "Value of column
..." pop-up window? Using GUI or XML configuration? Especially in the case of
CLOB or large varchar columns I do not want always drag&drop this window to
see the content of the cell.

Also the button for "Reformat XML" beside buttons Export and Browse would be
highly appreciated to speed up reformatting as XML comparing the current right
 mouse click, selection...

Thank You, Stepan