(no subject)

sathesh.sundaram

Hello,

I tried using SQuirreL SQL for Oracle & UDB databases, I see some functionality are missing for both Oracle & UDB. Have anyone faced/observed similar issues and any workaround/fixes for the same.

Below are the issues which I see:

Oracle using ojdbc7 driver:

1.    It is not differentiating IOT or Partitioned tables visually.

2.    for IOT table is incorrect. Column level stats of the table are missing.

3.    Constraints are missing in Object navigator.

4.    Partitions and subpartition details are missing in Objects Navigator.

5.    Referential constraints or triggers are missing under tables.

6.    Do not see an option to generate AWR/ASH/SQL reports.

UDB using db2jcc4 driver:

1.    Does not show trigger

2.    Does not show Sequence

3.    Does not show Constraint

4.    Does not show Procedure text

5.    Not able to create procedures

6.    No option to cancel the running query

7.    No option for query explain plan

Any input will be helpful, thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sathesh

SQuirreL SQL for Oracle & UDB databases

sathesh.sundaram

Re: (no subject)

Alex Malmyguine-2

If you are looking for those vendor specific details you would be better off using SQLDeveloper for Oracle and IBM Data Studio for UDB. Both are free d/l.

I personally would not expect a generic SQL client like Squirrel to have support for 100% of each and every back end’s proprietory features.

Regards,

Alex

Re: (no subject)

Al Le
> I personally would not expect a generic SQL client like Squirrel to
> have support for 100% of each and every back end’s proprietory
> features

Fully agreed. But there are DB specific plugins which might have those
features. To the OP: Look at the plugins.