downloading 'X of Y mb' at the bottom of the window

downloading 'X of Y mb' at the bottom of the window

Amit Dor-Shifer
Hi.
I'm new to squirrel. I notice there's a download progress bar at the bottom of the page, where it's showing the client pretty busily downloading something. hundreds of MBs. No tool tip is available.

What is it that squirrel is downloading, and how do I turn it off?

Re: downloading 'X of Y mb' at the bottom of the window

Amit Dor-Shifer
Hmm. I probably misinterpreted this widget. Is it actually a mem usage bar?

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Amit Dor-Shifer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi.
I'm new to squirrel. I notice there's a download progress bar at the bottom of the page, where it's showing the client pretty busily downloading something. hundreds of MBs. No tool tip is available.

What is it that squirrel is downloading, and how do I turn it off?

Re: downloading 'X of Y mb' at the bottom of the window

John Hardin
On Mon, 22 Sep 2014, Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:

> Hmm. I probably misinterpreted this widget. Is it actually a mem usage bar?

Absent a screenshot, yes, that's the allocated-vs-used memory.

--
  John Hardin KA7OHZ                    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
  [hidden email]    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a [hidden email]

1_desktop.png (100K) Download Attachment

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014, Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:

> #John,
> (screenshot taken from
> http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/screenshots/1_desktop.png)

Yep. 74MB allocated to heap from OS; of that, 27MB is allocated to things
like result sets.

There *is* an indirect clue - IIRC if you hover over the trash can that's
in the same group on the status bar you get a tooltip that suggests
something about running the garbage collector.

> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 12:37 AM, John Hardin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 22 Sep 2014, Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
>>
>>> Hmm. I probably misinterpreted this widget. Is it actually a mem usage
>>> bar?
>>
>> Absent a screenshot, yes, that's the allocated-vs-used memory.
>>
>>  On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Amit Dor-Shifer <
>>> [hidden email]

--
  John Hardin KA7OHZ                    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
  [hidden email]    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a [hidden email]
  key: 0xB8732E79 -- 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79
   Windows Vista: Windows ME for the XP generation.
  845 days since the first successful private support mission to ISS (SpaceX)