default driver provider

JK

default driver provider

JK
Hi all,

Hope this email finds you well.

First of all I find it difficult to find a right contact regarding this
request. So please feel free to toss this Email to a right person.

My name is JK and I am a global marketing manager here in InfiniFlux.
We, InfiniFlux, are a DBMS provider which specializes in processing IoT
and Sensor data in real-time for IoT Gateway.

While many of clients are using SQuirrel SQL client, we figured that it
would be great if we place our driver as a default driver in SQuirrel.
There are already a bunch of default drivers and we would like to be one
of default driver providers. Would you please how the procedure would be
and what would be required?

We can provide all the info and drivers if required.

Thanks,

JK

--
  InfiniFlux Co.,Ltd.   JK KIM
  904 ACE Twin Tower II, Digital-ro 273,  Guro-gu, Seoul, South Korea 08381

Re: default driver provider

Neville Rowe
Hi JK,

Thanks for the interest…..

I’m not aware of any policy - Gerd or one of the more regular contributors might be able to help. However as a general rule I believe SquirrelSQL doesn’t ship with any JDBC drivers. What it does have is a bunch of JDBC templates so that if you add the jar containing the driver into the classpath then it will find that driver and and give examples how to define your connection, etc.

Defining that template is straightforward, I’ll try to do it this weekend for your DB and commit it into the tree.

What you might want to consider is developing a DB-specific plugin so that SquirrelSQL handles anything special about InfiniFlux.

Neville

> On 2 Feb 2017, at 07:42, JK <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>

> Hope this email finds you well.
>
> First of all I find it difficult to find a right contact regarding this
> request. So please feel free to toss this Email to a right person.
>
> My name is JK and I am a global marketing manager here in InfiniFlux.
> We, InfiniFlux, are a DBMS provider which specializes in processing IoT
> and Sensor data in real-time for IoT Gateway.
>
> While many of clients are using SQuirrel SQL client, we figured that it
> would be great if we place our driver as a default driver in SQuirrel.
> There are already a bunch of default drivers and we would like to be one
> of default driver providers. Would you please how the procedure would be
> and what would be required?
>
> We can provide all the info and drivers if required.
>

> Thanks,
>

> JK
>
> --
>  InfiniFlux Co.,Ltd.   JK KIM
>  904 ACE Twin Tower II, Digital-ro 273,  Guro-gu, Seoul, South Korea 08381
>  T. 82-2-2109-5606                  M. 82-10-3629-0662
>  E. [hidden email]    W. www.infiniflux.com

JK

Re: default driver provider

JK
Hi Neville,

Thanks for taking time to write to us. I appreciate it a lot.

I wonder if you need any information for you to define the
template(e.i.,Driver Name, Class Name, Default Port, URL for driver...
). I can provide all of these if you require, so please let me know.

Cheers,

JK

2017-02-09 오후 4:13에 Neville Rowe 이(가) 쓴 글:

> Hi JK,
>
> Thanks for the interest…..
>
> I’m not aware of any policy - Gerd or one of the more regular contributors might be able to help. However as a general rule I believe SquirrelSQL doesn’t ship with any JDBC drivers. What it does have is a bunch of JDBC templates so that if you add the jar containing the driver into the classpath then it will find that driver and and give examples how to define your connection, etc.
>
> Defining that template is straightforward, I’ll try to do it this weekend for your DB and commit it into the tree.
>
> What you might want to consider is developing a DB-specific plugin so that SquirrelSQL handles anything special about InfiniFlux.
>
> Neville
>

>> On 2 Feb 2017, at 07:42, JK <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>

>> Hope this email finds you well.
>>
>> First of all I find it difficult to find a right contact regarding this
>> request. So please feel free to toss this Email to a right person.
>>
>> My name is JK and I am a global marketing manager here in InfiniFlux.
>> We, InfiniFlux, are a DBMS provider which specializes in processing IoT
>> and Sensor data in real-time for IoT Gateway.
>>
>> While many of clients are using SQuirrel SQL client, we figured that it
>> would be great if we place our driver as a default driver in SQuirrel.
>> There are already a bunch of default drivers and we would like to be one
>> of default driver providers. Would you please how the procedure would be
>> and what would be required?
>>
>> We can provide all the info and drivers if required.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>

>> JK
>>
>> --
>>   InfiniFlux Co.,Ltd.   JK KIM
>>   904 ACE Twin Tower II, Digital-ro 273,  Guro-gu, Seoul, South Korea 08381
>>   T. 82-2-2109-5606                  M. 82-10-3629-0662
>>   E. [hidden email]    W. www.infiniflux.com

  InfiniFlux Co.,Ltd.   JK KIM
  904 ACE Twin Tower II, Digital-ro 273,  Guro-gu, Seoul, South Korea 08381
  T. 82-2-2109-5606                  M. 82-10-3629-0662
  E. [hidden email]    W. www.infiniflux.com

Re: default driver provider

Hi JK,

Neville is right. We only ship JDBC template definitions.

@Neville, in case you need help adding the template please let me know.

Gerd

Am 09.02.2017 um 08:13 schrieb Neville Rowe:

> Hi JK,
>
> Thanks for the interest…..
>
> I’m not aware of any policy - Gerd or one of the more regular contributors might be able to help. However as a general rule I believe SquirrelSQL doesn’t ship with any JDBC drivers. What it does have is a bunch of JDBC templates so that if you add the jar containing the driver into the classpath then it will find that driver and and give examples how to define your connection, etc.
>
> Defining that template is straightforward, I’ll try to do it this weekend for your DB and commit it into the tree.
>
> What you might want to consider is developing a DB-specific plugin so that SquirrelSQL handles anything special about InfiniFlux.
>
> Neville
>

>> On 2 Feb 2017, at 07:42, JK <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>

>> Hope this email finds you well.
>>
>> First of all I find it difficult to find a right contact regarding this
>> request. So please feel free to toss this Email to a right person.
>>
>> My name is JK and I am a global marketing manager here in InfiniFlux.
>> We, InfiniFlux, are a DBMS provider which specializes in processing IoT
>> and Sensor data in real-time for IoT Gateway.
>>
>> While many of clients are using SQuirrel SQL client, we figured that it
>> would be great if we place our driver as a default driver in SQuirrel.
>> There are already a bunch of default drivers and we would like to be one
>> of default driver providers. Would you please how the procedure would be
>> and what would be required?
>>
>> We can provide all the info and drivers if required.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>

>> JK
>>
>> --
>>  InfiniFlux Co.,Ltd.   JK KIM
>>  904 ACE Twin Tower II, Digital-ro 273,  Guro-gu, Seoul, South Korea 08381
>>  T. 82-2-2109-5606                  M. 82-10-3629-0662
>>  E. [hidden email]    W. www.infiniflux.com

Re: default driver provider

Neville Rowe
Hi - I’ve added in a template, once Gerd merges it, it will be in the subsequent snapshot.

Neville