Quantcast

create data script questions

Rob Sanheim
Hi,

Nice tool, it has the exact funtionality I need - with one exception.
Is it possible to use "create data script" with a maximum amount of
rows returned?  I just need enough insert statements for test data,
but right now it tries create statements for all 100k records and
nearly blows up.  I don't see a way to limit it at all...

thanks,
http://www.robsanheim.com/

Re: create data script questions

Rob Manning
Rob Sanheim wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Nice tool, it has the exact funtionality I need - with one exception.
>Is it possible to use "create data script" with a maximum amount of
>rows returned?  I just need enough insert statements for test data,
>but right now it tries create statements for all 100k records and
>nearly blows up.  I don't see a way to limit it at all...

Rob,

In the SQL editor, you can craft a SQL select statement that returns
only the amount of rows you
want in the data script.  Then enter Ctrl-t to access the editor toolbar
and choose "sqlins" by double-clicking
or hitting enter.  That should add SQL statements into the editor for
only the number of rows returned
by your query.  I don't believe there is a general setting to limit all
create data script operations, but this
should do it.

Rob Manning

CollabraSpace - Revolutionary Collaboration
Visit us at http://www.collabraspace.com
This message has been scanned for viruses by
ClamAV v0.83