Quantcast

autocompletion with table named "ORDER"

Rehder, Patrick

Good morning,

I’ve got a problem with autocompletion, when I write a statement like this:

select * from order where orderkind = 1;

When I wrote this and type STRG+SPACE nothing happend:

select * from order where orderk

The problem seems to be the tablename because it is marked red and not green like all other table names.

Quoting the tablename („ORDER“) does not help.

The connection is done over JTOpen Driver to an AS/400.

And I have installed latest version. (3.7)

Hopefully somebody has an idea how to solve that problem – and renaming the table is not an option. ;)

Best regards,

Patrick

Re: autocompletion with table named "ORDER"

Matt Ferreira
I'm not familiar with AS/400 databases so the information below may not be accurate for your use. I'm most familiar with DB2, so my information is geared towards that. However some information is universal in Squirrel land :)

 The red text indicates the table name is not recognized.

When I had this problem in DB2 , I had to set my session to use the schema that the tables existed in. If you are using DB2 on AS/400 ten I'd look at the object tree to see what schema your table is in and then issue the following command:

set schema <SCHEMANAMEHERE>;

Then autocompletes should work.

An alternative would be select * from SCHEMANAMEHERE.order where orderk and then autocomplete should work (as the table name would be green - some times this takes a few seconds depending on the size of your schema)

If you're not using DB2 on AS/400 then this may not be the exact information you need, but should get you down the right path

Good Luck
Matt

Matt Ferreira
[hidden email]

Re: autocompletion with table named "ORDER"

Rehder, Patrick
Thanks for your detailed ideas Matt, but unfortunetaly it does not work.
And I totally forgot to mention that autocompletation works fine for all other tables.
Seems to be a problem with the word ORDER which is obvious a reserved SQL keyword.

Re: autocompletion with table named "ORDER"

Matt Ferreira
Didn't even think of that....in that case the full name might work (although I don't have access to my database system at the moment to test) so schema.order

if you have admin access you could make a view "patrick" that is just select * from order so then autocomplete could work with select * from patrick where blah blah

That's all i got, sorry :(

Matt Ferreira
[hidden email]