Warning Message

Gould, Mark

Hi,

I am using SQL Squirrel 2.1 RC 2 and when I connect to a DB2 database I get the following warning message: “Version mismatch jre / jdbc, The driver being used is not JDBC 2.1 compliant. You should consider getting a more recent version of this driver.” I am using DB2 version 7.2 with fix pack 16. When I click on the OK button, everything seems to run fine but I am worried about something blowing up down the road. Has anyone run into this warning message before, if so what did you do to fix it?

Thanks,

Mark Gould

Re: Warning Message

Rob Manning
Gould, Mark wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using SQL Squirrel 2.1 RC 2 and when I connect to a DB2 database
> I get the following warning message: “Version mismatch jre / jdbc, The
> driver being used is not JDBC 2.1 compliant. You should consider
> getting a more recent version of this driver.” I am using DB2 version
> 7.2 with fix pack 16. When I click on the OK button, everything seems
> to run fine but I am worried about something blowing up down the road.
> Has anyone run into this warning message before, if so what did you do
> to fix it?

You may disable it using Global Preferences -> General -> Warning for
JRE/JDBC Version Mismatch

It's telling you that your JRE version is much newer than your driver's
supported JDBC version. In general,
it's hard to tell how well tested an older driver is with a newer
JVM(1.4+). The odds are good that the newer JVM
wasn't available when the older driver was written. So the warning
message is there to let you know that you
aren't getting the most efficient use from SQuirreL 2.x and your
database driver. SQuirreL 2.x requires JVM 1.4
or higher so your choices are limited there. Upgrade your JDBC driver if
possible - if not, then disable the
warning if you don't like seeing it.

Rob Manning

CollabraSpace - Revolutionary Collaboration
Visit us at http://www.collabraspace.com
This message has been scanned for viruses by
ClamAV v0.83