VPN connection

Emiliano Armellin
Hello,

I've got a problem connecting Squirrel to a database through VPN. I always get "Exception  IO: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection" but I can connect to the same db with NetBeans (for example) with the same paramters...

my question is: can I use Squirrell through VPN?

thanks

--
Emiliano Armellin
Get Firefox!

Re: VPN connection

Gerd Wagner
Hi Emiliano,

there sure isn't a general problem with SQuirreL and VPN. I use it a lot. Could
you give us some details about your database system your JDBC driver and your JDK.

Thanks

Gerd

Emiliano Armellin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've got a problem connecting Squirrel to a database through VPN. I
> always get "Exception  IO: The Network Adapter could not establish the
> connection" but I can connect to the same db with NetBeans (for example)
> with the same paramters...
>
> my question is: can I use Squirrell through VPN?
>
> thanks

Re: VPN connection

Emiliano Armellin
Gerd Wagner ha scritto:
Hi Emiliano,

there sure isn't a general problem with SQuirreL and VPN. I use it a lot. Could you give us some details about your database system your JDBC driver and your JDK.
sure: JDK 1.5.0_07, db oracle 9 and 10, JDBC driver oracle for 10g

--
Emiliano Armellin
Get Firefox!

Re: VPN connection

Emiliano Armellin
Gerd Wagner ha scritto:
Hi Emiliano,

there sure isn't a general problem with SQuirreL and VPN. I use it a lot. Could you give us some details about your database system your JDBC driver and your JDK.
ok, I fixed the problem. It was related to JDBC driver version 10.1.0.2 (bugged?), using the last 10.2.0.2 everything works fine.

Thanks.

--
Emiliano Armellin
Get Firefox!

Re: VPN connection

Yahnke89
Glad to know about these details on vpn. Recently, searched online for top 10 vpn services and got to know about reputed service providers. Registered with one of the best one and happy that they provide good services at affordable prices.