Squirrel - Importing

Brooks Jealous

Hi

First time Squirrel user and I’m having a bit of trouble with the import function.

1.       I get a pop-up verification that all records in the target table will be deleted when I import. Seems a bit odd. Is there any flag / parameter that enables non-delete imports?

2.       Even though I don’t get an error, records are not successfully imported. The records are valid CSV and/or XLS files that have been previously tested with other SQL clients, so I’m confident that there are no formatting issues. Any thoughts / comments on the stability of the import function, or notes on common errors?

Many thanks in advance!

Brooks

金布鲁克斯

+1 415.870.0962

[hidden email]

www.linkedin.com/in/dbjdigitalconsultant

滴水穿石

Re: Squirrel - Importing

Michael Churchill
On Sun, 19 Mar 2017 19:03:05 -0400
"Brooks Jealous" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>

> First time Squirrel user and I’m having a bit of trouble with the
> import function.
>

> 1.       I get a pop-up verification that all records in the target
> table will be deleted when I import. Seems a bit odd. Is there any
> flag / parameter that enables non-delete imports?
>

> 2.       Even though I don’t get an error, records are not
> successfully imported. The records are valid CSV and/or XLS files
> that have been previously tested with other SQL clients, so I’m
> confident that there are no formatting issues. Any thoughts /
> comments on the stability of the import function, or notes on common
> errors?
>

> Many thanks in advance!
>

> Brooks
>
> 金布鲁克斯
>

> +1 415.870.0962
>
>  <mailto:[hidden email]> [hidden email]
>
>  <http://www.linkedin.com/in/dbjdigitalconsultant>
> www.linkedin.com/in/dbjdigitalconsultant
>

> 滴水穿石

Hi Brooks, I use the import plug-in regularly and it seems to work
well, but it was difficult to get it to work the first time.  For the
suggest to work, I need to use ignore case.  When the import doesn't
work I get an error.  I have not seen it appear to work without actually
doing the import.  I use a temporary table to get the import and then
use an insert to move data from the temporary table into the working
table.  I am not aware of an option where you can import directly
without deleting the existing data in the table.  I have used
squirrel-sql for a few years but am not an expert by any means.
Perhaps others can offer other insights.  Mike