Smart Tools Plugin

Shannon Medlin
Hello!

I am installing your client for the first time and would like to know what the "Smart Tools" Plugin is for.

I didn't see an explanation on your plugins webpage, so thought I might reach out here.

Re: Smart Tools Plugin

Neville Rowe
From the readme within the plugin itself….

The Smarttools plugin adds the ability to help you with little routines on your database work.

It includes the following modules:
  • Search null values in NOT NULL columns
  • Change data
  • Search missing indices and from here Create index or primary key
You can use them by opening the session popup menu

Effectively it adds a series of menu options to carry out quick analysis and modifications of the database. Note it is all based in Java - if you want to add new commands then I believe you need to code them in the plugin and recompile it.

N.