Scripting MS SQL 2012 stored procedure

Alex Malmyguine-2

Good morning,

Using version 3.6 with either MS JDBC 4.1 driver or JTDS 1.3.1 driver, I can list the stored procedures in a schema, then use popup menu/SQL server/Script procedure.

But it opens SQL tab with only a GO statement on the 2nd line in the editor. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Alex

Re: Scripting MS SQL 2012 stored procedure

Alex Malmyguine-2

I wanted to troubleshoot the issue below and checked out the source code from git, built with Ant successfully and created a project in Netbeans from the sources.

After I followed this http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=programing and opened the directory core/src in Netbeans, I cannot compile due to an error stating the org.apache etc packages are not found.

But I can see the commons* packages in the project tree.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

Alex

Re: Scripting MS SQL 2012 stored procedure

Neville Rowe
Hi Alex,

I also use netbeans for Squirrel and it works for me so I guess there is a difference in our setups. I'm on latest Netbeans and Squirrel.

I find the trick is to setup Netbeans to know about sql12/core/src and then just the one plugin I happen to be working on at the time.

I've enclosed my build.xml and my nbproject/project.xml - note my git checkout is to p:\NetBeansProjects\SquirrelSQL\git and my project root is p:\NetBeansProjects\SquirrelSQL.

It could be that for a free-form project in NetBeans, the classpath within NetBeans doesn't pick up from the build.xml - in which case the below error would be from the IDE (cannot find the libraries) rather than the ANT build? The project.xml I've attached sets up an appropriate java sources classpath, though you can set one yourself by going into Project Properties in the IDE.

Hope this helps.

Neville

build.xml (16K) Download Attachment
project.xml (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Scripting MS SQL 2012 stored procedure

Alex Malmyguine-2

Neville,

After comparing yours and mine it became apparent that your project included the individual JARs, whereas mine included the /lib/ folder (as instructed by the document linked earlier).

So it sounds like Netbeans 8 pretends it supports adding a folder as a library by pressing “Add JAR/folder” button, but in fact ignores so imported JARs.

I started adding the jars one by one instead and it worked! Ended up adding all JARs from the /lib/ folder and all errors became resolved.

Thank you

Alex

Re: Scripting MS SQL 2012 stored procedure

Alex Malmyguine-2

But now I have another question!

Even though the MSSql plugin sources were included into the project, the plugin does not seem to be built.

When Squirrel starts, the plugin list pointing at \SquirrelSQL\plugins where \SquirrelSQL is the main project folder, is empty.

I created the folder \SquirrelSQL\plugins, but how can I configure the project to output the plugin JAR in there?

Thank you

Alex