Quantcast

SQuirrel 3.7.1 won't open

Colin Cummings
Good day,

I've been using SQuirrel 3.7.1 for quite a while without issue. This afternoon I Installed Ruby 2.3.1p112 (added to path) and Gem 2.6.8 to work on a Jekyll-based project; now SQuirrel won't open. When I click the executable, I get a brief Command Prompt window that is extinguished immediately; moreover, there is no logfile. I'm running Windows 7 on a 64 bit machine. Wanted to check and see if this group had any ideas before I uninstalled anything.

Many thanks,

Colin

Re: SQuirrel 3.7.1 won't open

John Hardin
On Thu, 10 Nov 2016, Colin Cummings wrote:

> Good day,
>
> I've been using SQuirrel 3.7.1 for quite a while without issue. This
> afternoon I Installed Ruby 2.3.1p112 (added to path) and Gem 2.6.8 to work
> on a Jekyll-based project; now SQuirrel won't open. When I click the
> executable, I get a brief Command Prompt window that is extinguished
> immediately; moreover, there is no logfile. I'm running Windows 7 on a 64
> bit machine. Wanted to check and see if this group had any ideas before I
> uninstalled anything.

Open a command prompt and run the Squirrel startup script manually. It may
be displaying an informative error message that you aren't seeing when you
just double-click on the desktop icon, because the window immediately
closes.

--
  John Hardin KA7OHZ                    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
  [hidden email]    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a [hidden email]