Quantcast

SQuirreL SQL for Greenplum database taking very long time to load objects

SQuirreL SQL for Greenplum database taking very long time to load objects

sathesh.sundaram

Dear All,

I’m trying to use Squirrel SQL for Greenplum database, I have the Greenplum plugin installed and I’m using PostgreSQL JDBC version 9.4.1206.

When I try to connect to the database the connection is established successfully, but the SQL prompt doesn’t show up for very long time. I assume this is because SQuirreL SQL loads all the objects in all schemas.

I tried to avoid this in the schema properties and choose not to load any objects from all schemas, but again when I need to check the objects and click on the objects tab it starts to load the objects and takes very long time.

My questions, can you please help here:

1.       Will this be a one time work which Squirrel SQL does? Or will it be repeated every time I connect to the database?

2.       Is there a way to make this faster, because it is taking very long time.

Thanks,

Sathesh