SQUIRREL and postgresql

Philippe Couas
Hi
Currently i have SQUIRREL on my Computer and Postgres8.4 on remote HOST, my connection is refused, but if i install Postgres on my computer , i could connect to remote HOST with same parameters ?
Why ?

Regards

Re: SQUIRREL and postgresql

John Hardin
On Fri, 11 Nov 2016, Philippe Couas wrote:

> Currently i have SQUIRREL on my Computer and Postgres8.4 on remote HOST, my
> connection is refused, but if i install Postgres on my computer , i could
> connect to remote HOST with same parameters ?
> Why ?

Was there a specific error message that stated a reason for not being able
to connect? Or was "connection refused" the error message?

"connection refused" suggests that Squirrel is attempting to connect on a
TCP port that PGSQL is not listening on. What TCP port is your PGSQL
listening on? What TCP port (if any) was specified in your connect string
in Squirrel? Does explicitly specifying the TCP port number in the
Squirrel connect string allow you to connect successfully?

--
  John Hardin KA7OHZ                    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
  [hidden email]    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a [hidden email]

Re: SQUIRREL and postgresql

John Hardin
On Sat, 12 Nov 2016, Philippe Couas wrote:

> I have resolved problem good ip is 192.168.99.100 and not 172.17.0.x

That'd do it too. :)

Replying to the list so others know you've solved the problem.

> Regards
> Philippe

>> On Fri, 11 Nov 2016, Philippe Couas wrote:
>>
>> Currently i have SQUIRREL on my Computer and Postgres8.4 on remote HOST, my
>>> connection is refused, but if i install Postgres on my computer , i could
>>> connect to remote HOST with same parameters ?
>>> Why ?
>>>

>> Was there a specific error message that stated a reason for not being able
>> to connect? Or was "connection refused" the error message?
>>
>> "connection refused" suggests that Squirrel is attempting to connect on a
>> TCP port that PGSQL is not listening on. What TCP port is your PGSQL
>> listening on? What TCP port (if any) was specified in your connect string
>> in Squirrel? Does explicitly specifying the TCP port number in the Squirrel
>> connect string allow you to connect successfully?

--
  John Hardin KA7OHZ                    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
  [hidden email]    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a [hidden email]
  key: 0xB8732E79 -- 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79
   USMC Rules of Gunfighting #6: If you can choose what to bring to a
   gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
  327 days since the first successful real return to launch site (SpaceX)