Quantcast

SQL2INS

Massimo Re
I need to generate a script that provide to INSERT the result of a SELECT statement.

​So i type :

SELECT * FROM MYFILE WHERE DATE>=201401 AND DATE<=201412.

Then i use Ctrl-T ​and select sql2ins.

The problem is, if the result of SELECT have a number of records (rows) too high, a message inform me that there is no enough memory.

Is possibile to generate a file (.SQL) with the INSERT statement (as sql2file) ?

Any other suggestions ?

Thank you for support.

--
Ma
​x

Re: SQL2INS

John Hardin
On Mon, 23 Mar 2015, Massimo Re wrote:

> I need to generate a script that provide to INSERT the result of a SELECT
> statement.
>
> ​So i type :
>
> SELECT * FROM MYFILE WHERE DATE>=201401 AND DATE<=201412.
>
> Then i use Ctrl-T ​and select sql2ins.
>
> The problem is, if the result of SELECT have a number of records (rows) too
> high, a message inform me that there is no enough memory.
>

> Is possibile to generate a file (.SQL) with the INSERT statement (as
> sql2file) ?
>
> Any other suggestions ?
Hm. It looks like a new script is needed: sql2insfile

At this time, no suggestion other than further restricting the result set
so that the generated SQL is a manageable size.

--
  John Hardin KA7OHZ                    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
  [hidden email]    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a [hidden email]