Re: [Squirrel-sql-users] Oracle Schema Question

Re: [Squirrel-sql-users] Oracle Schema Question

Robert Manning
Tom,

That is likely to be a bug in the Oracle plugin code.  I probably introduced it when I was
working to reduce the number of useless schemas that are shown in the object tree.
I remember having to add in SYS schema as there are implicit grants there (nothing in
user_tab_privs).  I guess I  missed identifying the SYSADM schema then.
If you have the time/desire, you can file a bug report for this and I'll be sure to get it
fixed.  If there are any other schemas that have objects which every user implicitly
 has access to feel free to include that info in the bug report.

Rob

On 3/9/06, Tom J Williams Jr <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey Rob,

I wanted to let you know that our accounts do have access to the SYSADM
schema objects.  All we had to do to see them was to put them into our
object tree filter.  Otherwise, they were not showing up.

Whether this is an Object Tree bug or not, I am not sure.  All I know is
that it works now and we didn't have to change the security on the database
to accomplish this.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my requests.

Regards,
Tom Williams Jr.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

             "Robert Manning"
             <robert.m.manning
             @gmail.com>                                                To
                                       Tom J Williams Jr/GTS/CSC@CSC
             03/09/2006 02:12                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Squirrel-sql-users] Oracle
                                       Schema Question

Tom,

The Oracle plugin ensures that the object tree limits the view to only
those schemas that
have objects which the user has been grant privileges to.   If you log in
using the system
account, every schema should be accessible.  If you don't use the Oracle
plugin, this will
be the same outcome for every user - except the user won't be able to
access any of the
schema objects that they don't have privilege to access.  So, if you want
the schema to
appear in the user's object tree and they have the Oracle plugin installed,
you need to
grant privileges to one or more objects in that schema.

Rob

On 3/8/06, Tom J Williams Jr < [hidden email] > wrote:

  Hello,

  Does anyone know how to make the SYSADM or higher level schema available
  a user for View in the Object Browser that have a lower level of Oracle
  access in SQuirreL.

  Regards,
  Tom Williams Jr.   ‹
  PeopleSoft Support
  SDDC Phone : (858) 573.3331
  Cell Phone : (619) 341.2652
  Text Message [hidden email]

  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  written
  for such purpose.
  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: [Squirrel-sql-users] Oracle Schema Question

Robert Manning

On 3/9/06, Tom J Williams Jr <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sure, I'll be more than happy to contribute whatever I can to this project.
This tool is prooving to be very usefull and I'd love to see it continue to
grow.

Sorry for my ignorance but, how do I submit a bug report?

Do I have to performe a application dump of some sort?

Tom,

Sorry that I wasn't very clear.  You can simply submit a problem
description here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=393414&group_id=28383

You should login first though, in case you want to receive updates
about your submission.  I should have some time to work on it
soon, but it's nice to have it documented for tracking purposes.