RFE: Save SQL SELECT statement result into parametrised TXT file

RFE: Save SQL SELECT statement result into parametrised TXT file

Stepan RYBAR
Hello!

It would be quite usefull for me to be able to save result of SQL SELECT statement into parametrised TXT file. I want to be able select string delimiter of fields (tab, comma, semicolon, space) or fixed width of column and text qualifier (quotes). What about this? I am using SQuirreL 2.2 final.

Thank You. Stepan

Re: RFE: Save SQL SELECT statement result into parametrised TXT file

Gerd Wagner
Hi Stepan,

another user already asked for this feature not long ago. I'll see if I can get
it in to 2.3. For the moment all I can offer is to copy and paste the result.
The delimiter will then be a tab character.

Gerd

Stepan RYBAR wrote:

> Hello!
>
> It would be quite usefull for me to be able to save result of SQL SELECT statement into parametrised TXT file. I want to be able select string delimiter of fields (tab, comma, semicolon, space) or fixed width of column and text qualifier (quotes). What about this? I am using SQuirreL 2.2 final.
>
> Thank You. Stepan

Re: [Squirrel-sql-users] RFE: Save SQL SELECT statement result into parametrised TXT file

Stepan RYBAR
Gerd,

I was thinking little bit more about requested feature and I do not need really fixed width of columns. And not only because it can be more complicated to implement it comparing to tab, space, semicolon... delimiter.

<
<  Stepan RYBAR wrote:
<  > It would be quite usefull for me to be able to save result of SQL SELECT
<  statement into parametrised TXT file. I want to be able select string delimiter
<  of fields (tab, comma, semicolon, space) or fixed width of column and text
<  qualifier (quotes). What about this? I am using SQuirreL 2.2 final.

Re: RFE: Save SQL SELECT statement result into parametrised TXT file

Gerd Wagner
Stepan,

thanks for your hint. I'll see how much extra coding fixed sizes will take. If
it's much I'll skip it.

Gerd

Stepan RYBAR wrote:
> Gerd,
> I was thinking little bit more about requested feature and I do not need
> really fixed width of columns. And not only because it can be more
> complicated to implement it comparing to tab, space, semicolon...
> delimiter.
Is available in CVS. See change log for further details. As you suggested I left
out fixed column widths.

Gerd