RFE: Info, that loading data into "Content" sheet is done

RFE: Info, that loading data into "Content" sheet is done

Stepan RYBAR
Hallo!

I have another suggestion for SQuirreL. I am inside Object Browser, I have activated "Content" sheet in the right panel, I have selected some table in the left panel. Now when I switch to other table in the left panel using e. g. arrow keys, the content of the "Content" sheet in the right panel changes. But...

Let assume, I have several tables with the same structure (column names) or I do not remember structure of tables. When I switch from one table to another, there is no indication, that loading TOP X data was done. Some loading of data can be slow. Workaround is to switch between "Row Count" and "Content", but this needs to use mouse and precise mouse clicking.

So what about some indication, that loading of TOP X data was done, when "Content" sheet is active? I hope, that I explained it well. But this RFE is not so much important for me - I can wait for some seconds.

One question - is there any way, how to remove items from content menu, when I right-click on the table in the Object Browser? I really do not want to have "Drop" and "Delete Records" there! If not, RFE with much more higher priority than above one... ;-)))

Thank You, Stepan.

Re: RFE: Info, that loading data into "Content" sheet is done

Gerd Wagner
Stepan RYBAR wrote:
 > Hallo!
 >
 > I have another suggestion for SQuirreL. I am inside Object Browser, I
 > have activated "Content" sheet in the right panel, I have selected some
 > table in the left panel. Now when I switch to other table in the left
 > panel using e. g. arrow keys, the content of the "Content" sheet in the
 > right panel changes. But...
 >
 > Let assume, I have several tables with the same structure (column names)
 > or I do not remember structure of tables. When I switch from one table
 > to another, there is no indication, that loading TOP X data was done.
 > Some loading of data can be slow. Workaround is to switch between "Row
 > Count" and "Content", but this needs to use mouse and precise mouse
 > clicking.
You may look at the Session windows status bar. It shows which table is active.
I don't think we are going to do more about this issue in the near future.

 > So what about some indication, that loading of TOP X data was done, when
 > "Content" sheet is active? I hope, that I explained it well. But this
 > RFE is not so much important for me - I can wait for some seconds.
 >
 > One question - is there any way, how to remove items from content menu,
 > when I right-click on the table in the Object Browser? I really do not
 > want to have "Drop" and "Delete Records" there! If not, RFE with much
 > more higher priority than above one... ;-)))
The "Drop" and "Delete Records" items where on top of the menu list. I moved
them further down (available in CVS). We are not going to remove them.