Questions about Squirrel SQL Client, please help

Questions about Squirrel SQL Client, please help

Taylor, Keri X.-ND

I am totally new to using Squirrel Sql client. I am using SQuirreL SQL Client Version 3.7.1, attaching to Oracle DB.

1.    I can’t seem to change the Limit Rows, no matter what I choose over 1000, it limits it to 1000.

I have also tried to change SQL results in New session properties

2.    I can’t run parameters.

Entering: select :var from dual;

Error:

Sincerely,

Keri Taylor

Technical Analyst

Disney Parks & Resorts Digital

(818) 931-2447 | (407) 790-6473

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan

cid:image001.png@01D14D17.CA626E50

Re: Questions about Squirrel SQL Client, please help

Gerd Wagner-3
Taylor,

sorry, I can't reproduce your lines limit problem.
Does anyone know of a Oracle configuration that causes such behavior?

On 'select :var from dual':
The only way to parametrize SQLs with SQuirreL is by the sqlparam
Plugin. If you installed it you may consult the Plugin's help to see how
parameters work.

Gerd

Am 25.05.2017 um 22:44 schrieb Taylor, Keri X.-ND:

> I am totally new to using Squirrel Sql client. I am using *SQuirreL SQL
> Client Version 3.7.1*, attaching to Oracle DB.
>
> 1.I can’t seem to change the Limit Rows, no matter what I choose over
> 1000, it limits it to 1000.
>
> I have also tried to change SQL results in New session properties
>
> 2.I can’t run parameters.
>
> Entering: select :var from dual;
>
> Error:
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Keri Taylor
>
> Technical Analyst
>
> Disney Parks & Resorts Digital
>
> (818) 931-2447 | (407) 790-6473
>
> /"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan ///
>
> cid:image001.png@01D14D17.CA626E50

Re: Questions about Squirrel SQL Client, please help

Keri Taylor

Gerd, thank you for your reply. I am not sure what I need to check. I can attach to toad and it doesn't limit my rows, so i wouldn't think it would have something to do with Oracle DB would it?

 I added the sqlparam Plugin, thanks. it works.

Thanks,

Keri

Am 30.05.2017 um 17:14 schrieb Keri Taylor:
> Gerd, thank you for your reply. I am not sure what I need to check. I
> can attach to toad and it doesn't limit my rows, so i wouldn't think it
> would have something to do with Oracle DB would it?
Toad uses ODBC while SQuirreL uses JDBC which might make a difference.

If I sent you a small Java test program to see how many rows could be
read that way would yo be able to run it?

>   I added the sqlparam Plugin, thanks. it works.
Great.

Re: Questions about Squirrel SQL Client, please help

Keri Taylor
Sure, if it tell me how to run it. I don't have direct DB access, as this is a SaaS environment and I am using JDBC to connect to oracle db. I'm not a guru, just know enough to be dangerous 😉

Thanks,
Keri

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus

On May 30, 2017, at 12:04 PM, Gerd Wagner <[hidden email]> wrote:

Am 30.05.2017 um 17:14 schrieb Keri Taylor:
Gerd, thank you for your reply. I am not sure what I need to check. I can attach to toad and it doesn't limit my rows, so i wouldn't think it would have something to do with Oracle DB would it?
Toad uses ODBC while SQuirreL uses JDBC which might make a difference.

If I sent you a small Java test program to see how many rows could be read that way would yo be able to run it?

 I added the sqlparam Plugin, thanks. it works.
Great.

Re: Questions about Squirrel SQL Client, please help

Gerd Wagner-3
Keri,

attached you find the test program. At the beginning you find comments
that describe how to compile and execute the program.

Also there are few things you have to adjust in the program itself.

Hope it works
Gerd

Am 31.05.2017 um 00:42 schrieb Keri Taylor:

> Sure, if it tell me how to run it. I don't have direct DB access, as
> this is a SaaS environment and I am using JDBC to connect to oracle db.
> I'm not a guru, just know enough to be dangerous 😉
>
> Thanks,
> Keri
>
> "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan
>
> Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus
>
> On May 30, 2017, at 12:04 PM, Gerd Wagner <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>

>> Am 30.05.2017 um 17:14 schrieb Keri Taylor:
>>> Gerd, thank you for your reply. I am not sure what I need to check. I
>>> can attach to toad and it doesn't limit my rows, so i wouldn't think
>>> it would have something to do with Oracle DB would it?
>> Toad uses ODBC while SQuirreL uses JDBC which might make a difference.
>>
>> If I sent you a small Java test program to see how many rows could be
>> read that way would yo be able to run it?
>>
>>>  I added the sqlparam Plugin, thanks. it works.
>> Great.
>>

>> Gerd

OracleJdbcTest.java (915 bytes) Download Attachment