Quantcast

Oracle plugin

Alex Buloichik
Hi !

I made some additional pages for Oracle plugin. How can I include it to
official plugin's build ?

WBR, Alex.

Re: Oracle plugin

Rob Manning
Alexander Buloichik wrote:

>Hi !
>
>I made some additional pages for Oracle plugin. How can I include it to
>official plugin's build ?
>
>WBR, Alex.

Alex,

Probably the best thing to do would be to collect your changes into a
patch file (or set of patch files in an
archive file - *.zip / *.tar.gz - if changing multiple files) and upload
the file and description of the change
to "patch tracker" here:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=28383&atid=393416

This will allow any number of people to review your change and get it in
to CVS quicker.  Make sure you
have the latest trunk version before you create the patch.

Rob Manning

CollabraSpace - Revolutionary Collaboration
Visit us at http://www.collabraspace.com
This message has been scanned for viruses by
ClamAV v0.83

Re: Oracle plugin

Rob Manning
Alexander Buloichik wrote:

>Hi !
>
>I made some additional pages for Oracle plugin. How can I include it to
>official plugin's build ?
>
>WBR, Alex.

Alex,

Thanks for submitting the patch.  It works as advertised (The source SQL
for views is now available
for Oracle databases), so I committed it to the trunk.  Look for the
functionality in the next snapshot build.

Rob

CollabraSpace - Revolutionary Collaboration
Visit us at http://www.collabraspace.com
This message has been scanned for viruses by
ClamAV v0.83

Re: Oracle plugin

Maury Hammel
Alexander Buloichik wrote:
> Hi, All !
>
>   I commited patch for oracle plugin to sourceforge.
>   It detects how we connected to Oracle(as SYSTEM or ordinarily user) and
> display INSTANES and SESSIONS nodes only for SYSTEM
> user, because only SYSTEM user can read this data from
> server. Also it change display mode for USERS node. It
> displays only current user for ordinarily user, and all
> users for SYSTEM user.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't think this is a good 'fix'.
  SYSTEM is not the only user that can see that information.  On the
sites where I have worked with Oracle, SYSTEM is not routinely used as a
login from remote tools -- in fact, it has been discouraged.

I would suggest that this be changed to look to see if the user has the
DBA role (and/or whatever other privileges are required to see that
information) before removing it from the view.

Maury...

Re: Oracle plugin

Rob Manning
Maury Hammel wrote:

> Alexander Buloichik wrote:
>
>> Hi, All !
>>
>>   I commited patch for oracle plugin to sourceforge.
>>   It detects how we connected to Oracle(as SYSTEM or ordinarily user)
>> and
>> display INSTANES and SESSIONS nodes only for SYSTEM
>> user, because only SYSTEM user can read this data from
>> server. Also it change display mode for USERS node. It
>> displays only current user for ordinarily user, and all
>> users for SYSTEM user.
>

> I don't know about anyone else, but I don't think this is a good
> 'fix'.  SYSTEM is not the only user that can see that information.  On
> the sites where I have worked with Oracle, SYSTEM is not routinely
> used as a login from remote tools -- in fact, it has been discouraged.
>
> I would suggest that this be changed to look to see if the user has
> the DBA role (and/or whatever other privileges are required to see
> that information) before removing it from the view.

Maury,

Thanks for that observation.  I was thinking that there are more cases
where a user other
than SYSTEM has access to v$session (like grant read access to v$session
a user).  I would
want to find a reliable way of determing access to v$session, before
disabling the view.
(Maybe even perform the query and if it's successful, enable the view,
if not disable and
don't display and error message)

my two cents,

Alexander Buloichik wrote:

>Hi !
>

>>I don't know about anyone else, but I don't think this is a good 'fix'.
>> SYSTEM is not the only user that can see that information.  On the sites where I have worked with Oracle, SYSTEM > is not routinely used as a login from remote tools -- in fact, it has been discouraged.
>>

>>I would suggest that this be changed to look to see if the user has the DBA role (and/or whatever other privileges > are required to see that
>>information) before removing it from the view.
>>

>You are right. I changed patch for check access to specified objects instead check of username.
>I added file oracleadmin2.diff to patch 1326472.

Alex,

I've committed your changes (plus a few of my own) to CVS.  The check
for isAdmin wasn't working because the
Admin SQL wasn't really appropriate to send to the server without any
values being bound to the bind vars.(I just
chopped of the where clause to fix it)  Other than that it's
approximately the same as what you uploaded.
Thank you for your submission.