Quantcast

New to Squirrel

Koczon, Thomas J

Hi,

I have just downloaded and installed the product.  I am trying to connect to a db2 (luw) database but I do not see it in the Drivers list after I  installed.  I did check  off db2 (also Oracle,MS Sql server and Sybase) when I installed the product but I do not see any with a check mark when I run the product.

Wondering if someone can help me to connect to db2 luw?

thanks

Thomas Koczon
Voya Financial ®

Analytics and Data Management – Application Database Administration

One Orange Way, A2N
Windsor, CT 06095-4774

Phone:  860 580 1483
eMail:  [hidden email]

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential and intended only for certain recipients.  If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication and any attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.

Re: New to Squirrel

erwan.duroselle
Hi Thomas,
Database JDBC drivers are not provided with SquirreL, as they are usually not free software.
You have to get the DB2 LUW driver from IBM's website, and install it in SquirreL.
The SQuirreL help file (About/Help) will tell you how to access the driver from SQuirreL.

Erwan

I have just downloaded and installed the product.  I am trying to connect to a db2 (luw) database but I do not see it in the Drivers list after I  installed.  I did check  off db2 (also Oracle,MS Sql server and Sybase) when I installed the product but I do not see any with a check mark when I run the product.

Wondering if someone can help me to connect to db2 luw?

thanks

Thomas Koczon
Voya Financial ®

Analytics and Data Management – Application Database Administration

One Orange Way, A2N
Windsor, CT 06095-4774

Phone:  <a href="tel:860%20580%201483" value="+18605801483" target="_blank">860 580 1483
eMail:  [hidden email]

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is confidential and intended only for certain recipients.  If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication and any attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.

Re: New to Squirrel

Federico Bruni
In the past I tried downloading the drivers from IBM website and it was a nightmare, a Kafka experience.

Thomas, in case you have the same trouble I had, you should find some drivers if you download RazorSQL:
http://razorsql.com/