New Plugin: SQLReplace

Dieter Engelhardt-2
Hi all,
i developed a small new plugin which replaces a set of variables in the
sql statements before they get executed.
The background for this is, that i often work in an unix ksh
environment, where typicaly  eg. databases are specified as a variable.
The plugin just replaces the specified vars before the statements are
send to the driver, but leaves the source untouched.
It contains a pereferences panel, where one can specify a bunch of vars
and its replacements and if any of the specifed var are found in the
soure, they will be replaced.

My question now is, should that go into the main project or should i
just host it as a external plugin on my own site?

Looking forward to hear from you.
Regards
Dieter

Re: New Plugin: SQLReplace

Gerd Wagner
Hi Dieter,

Dieter Engelhardt wrote:

> Hi all,
> i developed a small new plugin which replaces a set of variables in the
> sql statements before they get executed.
> The background for this is, that i often work in an unix ksh
> environment, where typicaly  eg. databases are specified as a variable.
> The plugin just replaces the specified vars before the statements are
> send to the driver, but leaves the source untouched.
> It contains a pereferences panel, where one can specify a bunch of vars
> and its replacements and if any of the specifed var are found in the
> soure, they will be replaced.
>
> My question now is, should that go into the main project or should i
> just host it as a external plugin on my own site?
Could you send me the sources of your Plugin. I'll have a look at it and if
there aren't any questions I'll commit it to CVS and grant you developer rights.
Would that be alright for you?

There are already two Plugins that address parameterization of SQLs:
1. The Bookmarks Plugin.
2. The SQLParam Plugin.
It would be nice if you could have a look at both (online help should be of
help) and could give me a short description of the differences in your Plugin.

Thanks