New Installation - SQuirreL not starting

New Installation - SQuirreL not starting

William Nettmann

​Hi,

I have just downloaded and installed the latest version of SQuirreL on my Fedora 22 workstation. When I run "squirrel-sql.sh" I get nothing - just a new line on the terminal.

Anyone have any ideas how I can proceed? I need to do a project with SQL Server, and am hoping this will make my life a little easier.

Cheers,

Will

William Nettmann | Website Developer | Chevrah Kadisha
Revenue Department, 85 George Avenue, Sandringham
t: +27114837474 m: +27823094007

Re: New Installation - SQuirreL not starting

William Nettmann

​Hi,

Thanks to Michael Churchill for your response.

When I try what you suggest ( java -jar squirrel-sql.jar) I get the following:

java.awt.HeadlessException
at java.awt.SplashScreen.getSplashScreen(SplashScreen.java:117)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.gui.SquirrelSplashScreen.<init>(SquirrelSplashScreen.java:37)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.Application.startup(Application.java:210)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.Main$2.run(Main.java:118)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.client.Main$1.dispatchEvent(Main.java:99)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

Feeling pretty headless myself.

Cheers,

Will

William Nettmann | Website Developer | Chevrah Kadisha
Revenue Department, 85 George Avenue, Sandringham
t: +27114837474 m: +27823094007

New Installation - SQuirreL not starting

William Nettmann

​Hi,

Solved my not starting and headless problem by removing  OpenJDK and installing Oracle Java.

I now have an issue in that none of the database drivers are loaded - they all have little red crosses.

Cheers,

Will

William Nettmann | Website Developer | Chevrah Kadisha
Revenue Department, 85 George Avenue, Sandringham
t: +27114837474 m: +27823094007

Re: New Installation - SQuirreL not starting

Drav Sloan
William Nettmann wrote:
> ?Hi,
>
> Solved my not starting and headless problem by removing  OpenJDK and installing Oracle Java.
>
> I now have an issue in that none of the database drivers are loaded - they all have little red crosses.

Download the appropriate JDBC driver for your database, and then install it
as per:

http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/screenshots/driver.html

Regards

D.