Logging

Haxwell
Another question.. How is logging handled? Is there a solution more elegant
than system.out.println()?

Johnathan

Re: Logging

Robert Manning
On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 2:09 AM, Johnathan James <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Another question.. How is logging handled? Is there a solution more elegant
> than system.out.println()?

We use Log4J.  You will find many classes that instantiate a logger as
follows:

   /** Logger for this class. */
   private final static ILogger s_log =
      LoggerController.createLogger(<classname>.class);

We try to avoid System.out / System.err because we lose those messages to
the console.
That doesn't mean there aren't some still in there :)