License Costs

Willie Calove

I know the standard is a free license but there are 2 more groups that I could not find anymore (2 licenses that we have to buy).  I’m interested in finding out what are the capabilities of the other 2 licenses that are not free.  Also, can squirrel, import/export from accessdb?  Please advise.  Thank you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  This email is meant only for the intended recipient of the transmission.  In addition, this email may be a communication that is privileged by law.  If you received this email in error, any review, use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.  Please notify us immediately of the error by return email, and please delete this email from your system.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: License Costs

John Hardin
On Mon, 8 Sep 2014, Willie Calove wrote:

> I know the standard is a free license but there are 2 more groups that I
> could not find anymore (2 licenses that we have to buy).  I'm interested
> in finding out what are the capabilities of the other 2 licenses that
> are not free.

What exactly are you referring to? Commercial JDBC drivers?

> Also, can squirrel, import/export from accessdb?  Please
> advise.

Squirrel uses JDBC for database access. Google "JDBC Access" to get lots
of information about JDBC drivers for MS Access.

You can also set up an ODBC data source for the Access database, and then
use the JDBC/ODBC bridge to read it. I *think* that capability is provided
with Squirrel out-of-the-box.

Note: I haven't actually *done* any of this as I stopped using MS Access
nearly fifteen years ago, but I know these tools exist.

--
  John Hardin KA7OHZ                    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
  [hidden email]    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a [hidden email]