Java Web Start SQuirreL

Richard_Allen
Has anyone tried or been successful in running SQuirreL via Java Web
Start? I am looking into possibly using SQuirreL as a client that can be
executed via Java Web Start, be resticted to connecting to specific
databases, and require a login to use. The Java Web Start isn't strickly
necessary, but it would be a benefit and a selling point to my management.

Thanks,

Richard Allen

Re: Java Web Start SQuirreL

Robert Manning
On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 1:34 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Has anyone tried or been successful in running SQuirreL via Java Web
> Start? I am looking into possibly using SQuirreL as a client that can be
> executed via Java Web Start, be resticted to connecting to specific
> databases, and require a login to use. The Java Web Start isn't strickly
> necessary, but it would be a benefit and a selling point to my management.
>
> I managed to revive the old ant task that signs all of the jars.  I also
updated the
jnlp file that was vastly out-of-date.  Treat this as experimental for now.
I was
able to launch from the URL:

http://www.squirrelsql.org/jws/squirrel.jnlp