JDBC Connection working in SquirrelSql but in Java code (Greenplum drvier to Pivotal HD)

JDBC Connection working in SquirrelSql but in Java code (Greenplum drvier to Pivotal HD)

charlesquanli@gmail.com
Hi, All:

Facing a weird issue with JDBC connection using Greenplum JDBC Driver to Pivotal HD - when configured in SquirrelSql 3.5.0, the connection works fine. However, when running pure JDBC Java code, the connecting attempt fails.

Here are some details:

- JDBC Driver class: com.pivotal.jdbc.GreenplumDriver
- Driver: greenplum.jar from Pivotal HD website
- JDBC Java code using JDK 1.7.0_51:
    Class.forName(JDBC_DRIVER);
    Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(DB_URL, USER, PASS);

    Error message: FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "10.2.20.184".

Would appreciate if anyone can point me to where SquirrelSql did something special to make the connection working! I need to JDBC java code working!

- Charles

Re: JDBC Connection working in SquirrelSql but in Java code (Greenplum drvier to Pivotal HD)

Robert Manning
Sounds like you may not be running SQuirreL and your Java app on the same
machine.  That would be what is different - not custom SQuirreL code.
Check out this posting:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1087704118.23312.35.camel@...

(Greenplum is derived from PostgreSQL, I believe)

Rob