Instructions for upgrading SQL Squirrel version?

Instructions for upgrading SQL Squirrel version?

Herbener, Martin - Division of Engineering and Management

Hi,

I am getting ready to upgrade an existing SQL Squirrel 3.4.0 installation on 64-bit Windows 7 to the most current release of SQL Squirrel; are there any instructions I should follow to preserve driver settings, aliases, etc?

Thanks!

Martin

Martin Herbener

Kentucky Department of Education

502 564 2020

KDE on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kydeptofed

KDE on Twitter: twitter.com/KyDeptofEd

Re: Instructions for upgrading SQL Squirrel version?

Paul Slater

Hi Martin,

I just run the install jar and everything is sweet. The only thing to look out for is the version number in the name of the ‘program files’ directory. The install jar is set to create a new one for each Squirrel version. I just remove the version number from the name so that each version goes into the same folder overwriting the last. Work for me!

Win7-64 likes to put configuration files under individual user profiles. Squirrel SQL looks like it uses %USERPROFILE%\.squirrel-sql to hold all its settings, so overwriting the program files shouldn’t affect this.

HTH, Paul

FW: Instructions for upgrading SQL Squirrel version?

Herbener, Martin - Division of Engineering and Management

To any future readers – I got responses from one user who successfully installs new versions on top of the existing install, and another user that installs in a new directory each time.  I chose to install in a new directory and it worked for me; my existing driver config and aliases worked in the new version without any work on my part.

Thanks

Martin