Install Error

Bob Haury

I’m having an issue with installing Squirrel on my Windows 7 machine.  The error I’m receiving is: “This directory can not be written! Please choose another directory” which I did and received the same error.

Thanks,

Bob Haury

Senior Consultant

Peer Consulting, LLC

Your Healthcare Information Technology Partners

425.883.3566 O |  425.890.7910 C |

2856 80th Avenue S.E., Suite 200

Mercer Island, Washington 98040

http://www.peerconsulting.net

cid:image001.png@01CA377F.09EE31E0

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: The information contained in this electronically transmitted message and any file attachments is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s).  If the reader of this message is not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivery to the addressee, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message and any file attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by replying via electronic mail and delete the message and any file attachments from your computer.  Thank you.

Re: Install Error

Alexandre Peshansky
Run the install as administrator, or install into your directory c:\users\yourname\...
Windows 7 protects c:\program files and c:\program files (x86) as if it increases Windows security. I was able to install Squirrel into c:\squirrel_sql, but I created it beforehand.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 1, 2015, at 12:28 PM, Bob Haury <[hidden email]> wrote:

I’m having an issue with installing Squirrel on my Windows 7 machine.  The error I’m receiving is: “This directory can not be written! Please choose another directory” which I did and received the same error.

Thanks,

Bob Haury

Senior Consultant

Peer Consulting, LLC

Your Healthcare Information Technology Partners

425.883.3566 O |  425.890.7910 C |

2856 80th Avenue S.E., Suite 200

Mercer Island, Washington 98040

http://www.peerconsulting.net

<image001.jpg>

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: The information contained in this electronically transmitted message and any file attachments is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s).  If the reader of this message is not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivery to the addressee, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message and any file attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by replying via electronic mail and delete the message and any file attachments from your computer.  Thank you.

image001.jpg (3K) Download Attachment