How to Run Whole Script at Once?

David G-2
To Run a whole script/page of several queries...
Currently I'm doing a Select All, then a Ctrl - Enter.

Surely there's a single command/shortcut I could use?

Tried looking in Help and online, but no luck.

thanks!

Re: How to Run Whole Script at Once?

John Hardin
On Thu, 31 Jul 2014, David G wrote:

> To Run a whole script/page of several queries...
> Currently I'm doing a Select All, then a Ctrl - Enter.
>
> Surely there's a single command/shortcut I could use?

A single-key shortcut for that would save one keystroke. is [CTRL]-A
[CTRL]-[ENTER] really that terrible? :)

--
  John Hardin KA7OHZ                    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
  [hidden email]    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a [hidden email]

Re: How to Run Whole Script at Once?

David G-2
Nah.. not that terrible.  But the app is already full of things that help you do things quicker and easier.  So why stop now?

And it gets to be monotonous when you do it 100 times a day.

Incidentally, it wouldn't be bad if it could be done one handed.  But the keys are on opposite ends.

I can easily make an AutoHotKey script to turn it into a one-key operation, but I didn't want to if it already existed.

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 3:53 PM, John Hardin <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

abandaru
 you may try option Ctrl+Shift+S, available in Version 3.6. to select current SQL.

1) Ctrl+Shift+S to select current SQL
2) Ctrl+Enter to run.

Re: How to Run Whole Script at Once?

Blaga Cosmin
It depends on how you wrote the sql. The sql needs to have no carriage
returns between two sql lines. That is:
SELECT

* FROM DUAL
will not work.
SELECT
* FROM DUAL
will work fine.

If you have only one script you can place the cursor anywhere inside the
script and press Ctrl + Enter, and it will automatically run the script
you placed the cursor in. You can also run it by pressing the running
man icon.
If you have multiple sql scripts and you want to run them all at once,
each script must end in semicolon, and you have to select all the
scripts and then run.
Each script you run will open inside a tab in the lower part. Each tab
has a running man icon in the rightmost part of the tab. That will rerun
the script. For example if you uncheck the limit rows and want to rerun
it, or change the no. of limited rows, or you changed anything that
would change the output of the same script.