Quantcast

How do you set different session properties for different aliases?

How do you set different session properties for different aliases?

Al Le
Hello,

in my Squirrel SQL setup, I have configured aliases for different DBs (among them are MS SQL and DB2). These DBs contain different schemas, but in each alias I want to see only objects from a particular schema.

Squirrel SQL can do object filtering (via session properties), but (in my case) the filters should be different for different aliases.

An ideal solution would be, if the correct filter is set/activated after the DB connection is established. But, to my knowledge, it's not possible to define filters on alias basis, it's a global option.

I've created the feature request #496 (Per Alias session properties), but it has drawn no attention so far.

Do you face the same problem? How do you handle it?

Thanks!
AL

Re: How do you set different session properties for different aliases?

Gerd Wagner-3
Am 03.06.2016 um 10:00 schrieb Al Le:

> Hello,
>
> in my Squirrel SQL setup, I have configured aliases for different DBs (among them are MS SQL and DB2). These DBs contain different schemas, but in each alias I want to see only objects from a particular schema.
>
> Squirrel SQL can do object filtering (via session properties), but (in my case) the filters should be different for different aliases.
>
> An ideal solution would be, if the correct filter is set/activated after the DB connection is established. But, to my knowledge, it's not possible to define filters on alias basis, it's a global option.
>
> I've created the feature request #496 (Per Alias session properties), but it has drawn no attention so far.
>
> Do you face the same problem? How do you handle it?

Right mouse click an Alias and select 'Alias properties' from the right
mouse menu.

Hope this helps.