HELP : SQUIRREL 3.7.1 DISPLAY RESULTS

Massimo Re
Hi all

Actually i use Squirrel 3.7.1 with Oracle ad SQLSERVER Dbase,

Numeric fields shown in data results after SELECT * FROM  are displayed with thousand separator...

Example 1

Immagine incorporata 1

Is possible display fields without thousand separator ?

In the example above first row my desidered result value is

20170606101639

Example 2

123.456,78  --> Actual

123456,78  ----> Desidered

I've tried to check in general preferences, but nothing

Any suggestions ?

Thank  you for your support.

--
Ma
​x​

Re: HELP : SQUIRREL 3.7.1 DISPLAY RESULTS

Gerd Wagner-3
Hi Max,

how about using the standard format? It has no thousands separators but
uses '.' as fraction separator.

If so got menu File --> Global Preferences --> Tab 'Data Type Controls'
--> Section 'FLOAT, REAL, DOUBLE, NUMERIC ... '

Gerd

Am 13.06.2017 um 09:54 schrieb Massimo Re:

> Hi all
>
> Actually i use Squirrel 3.7.1 with Oracle ad SQLSERVER Dbase,
>
> Numeric fields shown in data results after SELECT * FROM  are displayed
> with thousand separator...
>
> *Example 1*
>
> Immagine incorporata 1
>
> Is possible display fields without thousand separator ?
>
> In the example above first row my desidered result value is
>
> 20170606101639
>
> *Example 2*
>
> 123.456,78  --> Actual
>
> 123456,78  ----> Desidered
>

> I've tried to check in general preferences, but nothing
>
> Any suggestions ?
>

> Thank  you for your support.
>
> --
> Ma
> ​x​

Re: HELP : SQUIRREL 3.7.1 DISPLAY RESULTS

Users mailing list
Hi Gerd,

is there any way not to have any type of separator on number field?

practical need:
Some time we need to copy, primary key (integer value) and paste it in query. we have to remove separator each time.

Best Regards

On Thursday, 15 June 2017, 17:14, Gerd Wagner <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Max,

how about using the standard format? It has no thousands separators but
uses '.' as fraction separator.

If so got menu File --> Global Preferences --> Tab 'Data Type Controls'
--> Section 'FLOAT, REAL, DOUBLE, NUMERIC ... '

Gerd

Am 13.06.2017 um 09:54 schrieb Massimo Re:
> Hi all
>
> Actually i use Squirrel 3.7.1 with Oracle ad SQLSERVER Dbase,
>
> Numeric fields shown in data results after SELECT * FROM  are displayed
> with thousand separator...
>
> *Example 1*
>
> Immagine incorporata 1
>
> Is possible display fields without thousand separator ?
>
> In the example above first row my desidered result value is
>
> 20170606101639
>
> *Example 2*
>
> 123.456,78  --> Actual
>
> 123456,78  ----> Desidered
>

> I've tried to check in general preferences, but nothing
>
> Any suggestions ?
>

> Thank  you for your support.
>
> --
> Ma
> ​x​

Re: HELP : SQUIRREL 3.7.1 DISPLAY RESULTS

Alexandre Peshansky
Rizwan,
Integer doesn't have fractional part. It won't have any separator.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 15, 2017, at 6:33 PM, rizwan Ishtiaq via Squirrel-sql-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Gerd,

is there any way not to have any type of separator on number field?

practical need:
Some time we need to copy, primary key (integer value) and paste it in query. we have to remove separator each time.

Best Regards

On Thursday, 15 June 2017, 17:14, Gerd Wagner <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Max,

how about using the standard format? It has no thousands separators but
uses '.' as fraction separator.

If so got menu File --> Global Preferences --> Tab 'Data Type Controls'
--> Section 'FLOAT, REAL, DOUBLE, NUMERIC ... '

Gerd

Am 13.06.2017 um 09:54 schrieb Massimo Re:
> Hi all
>
> Actually i use Squirrel 3.7.1 with Oracle ad SQLSERVER Dbase,
>
> Numeric fields shown in data results after SELECT * FROM  are displayed
> with thousand separator...
>
> *Example 1*
>
> Immagine incorporata 1
>
> Is possible display fields without thousand separator ?
>
> In the example above first row my desidered result value is
>
> 20170606101639
>
> *Example 2*
>
> 123.456,78  --> Actual
>
> 123456,78  ----> Desidered
>

> I've tried to check in general preferences, but nothing
>
> Any suggestions ?
>

> Thank  you for your support.
>
> --
> Ma
> ​x​

Re: HELP : SQUIRREL 3.7.1 DISPLAY RESULTS

Users mailing list
Hi Alexandre,

I am using oracle, where my id field is type of "number" and value came upon query e-g "1,103"

Please find attachment for more details.

Thank you.

regards,
Rizwan

data.png (14K) Download Attachment
meta-data.png (25K) Download Attachment

Re: HELP : SQUIRREL 3.7.1 DISPLAY RESULTS

Alexandre Peshansky
As Gerd Wagner pointed below, go to menu File --> Global Preferences --> Tab 'Data Type Controls' --> Section 'FLOAT, REAL, DOUBLE, NUMERIC ... ' and select "standard format".

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 18, 2017, at 2:46 AM, rizwan Ishtiaq <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Alexandre,

I am using oracle, where my id field is type of "number" and value came upon query e-g "1,103"

Please find attachment for more details.

Thank you.

regards,
Rizwan

On Friday, 16 June 2017, 5:12, Alexandre Peshansky <[hidden email]> wrote:

Rizwan,
Integer doesn't have fractional part. It won't have any separator.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 15, 2017, at 6:33 PM, rizwan Ishtiaq via Squirrel-sql-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Gerd,

is there any way not to have any type of separator on number field?

practical need:
Some time we need to copy, primary key (integer value) and paste it in query. we have to remove separator each time.

Best Regards

On Thursday, 15 June 2017, 17:14, Gerd Wagner <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Max,

how about using the standard format? It has no thousands separators but
uses '.' as fraction separator.

If so got menu File --> Global Preferences --> Tab 'Data Type Controls'
--> Section 'FLOAT, REAL, DOUBLE, NUMERIC ... '

Gerd

Am 13.06.2017 um 09:54 schrieb Massimo Re:
> Hi all
>
> Actually i use Squirrel 3.7.1 with Oracle ad SQLSERVER Dbase,
>
> Numeric fields shown in data results after SELECT * FROM  are displayed
> with thousand separator...
>
> *Example 1*
>
> Immagine incorporata 1
>
> Is possible display fields without thousand separator ?
>
> In the example above first row my desidered result value is
>
> 20170606101639
>
> *Example 2*
>
> 123.456,78  --> Actual
>
> 123456,78  ----> Desidered
>

> I've tried to check in general preferences, but nothing
>
> Any suggestions ?
>

> Thank  you for your support.
>
> --
> Ma
> ​x​

<data.png>

Re: HELP : SQUIRREL 3.7.1 DISPLAY RESULTS

Users mailing list
Thanks Alexandre, it worked for me.

On Sunday, 18 June 2017, 20:20, Alexandre Peshansky <[hidden email]> wrote:

As Gerd Wagner pointed below, go to menu File --> Global Preferences --> Tab 'Data Type Controls' --> Section 'FLOAT, REAL, DOUBLE, NUMERIC ... ' and select "standard format".

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 18, 2017, at 2:46 AM, rizwan Ishtiaq <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Alexandre,

I am using oracle, where my id field is type of "number" and value came upon query e-g "1,103"

Please find attachment for more details.

Thank you.

regards,
Rizwan

On Friday, 16 June 2017, 5:12, Alexandre Peshansky <[hidden email]> wrote:

Rizwan,
Integer doesn't have fractional part. It won't have any separator.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 15, 2017, at 6:33 PM, rizwan Ishtiaq via Squirrel-sql-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Gerd,

is there any way not to have any type of separator on number field?

practical need:
Some time we need to copy, primary key (integer value) and paste it in query. we have to remove separator each time.

Best Regards

On Thursday, 15 June 2017, 17:14, Gerd Wagner <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Max,

how about using the standard format? It has no thousands separators but
uses '.' as fraction separator.

If so got menu File --> Global Preferences --> Tab 'Data Type Controls'
--> Section 'FLOAT, REAL, DOUBLE, NUMERIC ... '

Gerd

Am 13.06.2017 um 09:54 schrieb Massimo Re:
> Hi all
>
> Actually i use Squirrel 3.7.1 with Oracle ad SQLSERVER Dbase,
>
> Numeric fields shown in data results after SELECT * FROM  are displayed
> with thousand separator...
>
> *Example 1*
>
> Immagine incorporata 1
>
> Is possible display fields without thousand separator ?
>
> In the example above first row my desidered result value is
>
> 20170606101639
>
> *Example 2*
>
> 123.456,78  --> Actual
>
> 123456,78  ----> Desidered
>

> I've tried to check in general preferences, but nothing
>
> Any suggestions ?
>

> Thank  you for your support.
>
> --
> Ma
> ​x​

<data.png>

Re: HELP : SQUIRREL 3.7.1 DISPLAY RESULTS

Max,

I just committed a feature that may suit your needs. Here's the
change.log excerpt:

The format floating point numbers can now be user defined.
   See menu File --> Global Preferences --> Tab 'Data Type Controls -->
section 'FLOAT, REAL, ...'

There will be a snapshot soon that contains the feature.

Gerd