Firebird

kl-2
Good evening.
I will appreciate any help in using Squirrel-SQL on a Win2000 machine to
access a local Firebird 1.5.2 database.

I have installed Jaybird-2.0.0RC1
The driver is loaded in Squirrel but I always get the error message
"Check your URL".

What is the correct syntax for the URL?
The database is located at d:\fbdata\frontdesk.fdb
and the firebird alias.conf lists the alias Frontdesk for this database

Regards
Wolfgang Kluge

For more information please visit http://linux.bitdefender.com/

Re: Firebird

Rob Manning
Wolfgang Kluge wrote:

> Good evening.
> I will appreciate any help in using Squirrel-SQL on a Win2000 machine
> to access a local Firebird 1.5.2 database.
>
> I have installed Jaybird-2.0.0RC1
> The driver is loaded in Squirrel but I always get the error message
> "Check your URL".
>
> What is the correct syntax for the URL?
> The database is located at d:\fbdata\frontdesk.fdb
> and the firebird alias.conf lists the alias Frontdesk for this database

My connect url looks like this:

jdbc:firebirdsql://localhost/c:\tools\FIREBIRD_1_5\data\dbcopy.fdb

So, I'm going to guess that yours would be

jdbc:firebirdsql://localhost/d:\fbdata\frontdesk.fdb

Rob

CollabraSpace - Revolutionary Collaboration
Visit us at http://www.collabraspace.com
This message has been scanned for viruses by
ClamAV v0.83

Re: Firebird

kl-2
Thanks for the reply.

I tried your suggestion  - and I still get the error message "Check your
URL".
I then tried all the possible variations of / and \  with the same result.
Then I tried all the suggestions given by the driver example in the
JayBird driver with the same result.

I simply have no clue where I messed up the system and the fact, that I
am new to java programming also is of not much help.

Do you have any suggestions where I should look for the wrong
setting/parameter.....?

Regards

Wolfgang Kluge

Wolfgang Kluge wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I tried your suggestion  - and I still get the error message "Check
> your URL".
> I then tried all the possible variations of / and \  with the same
> result.
> Then I tried all the suggestions given by the driver example in the
> JayBird driver with the same result.
>
> I simply have no clue where I messed up the system and the fact, that
> I am new to java programming also is of not much help.
>
> Do you have any suggestions where I should look for the wrong
> setting/parameter.....?

Look very closely at this part of the URL:

jdbc:firebirdsql

Additionally, for your driver definition you chose
"org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver" as the class name, right?

And included the jars firebirdsql.jar and mini-j2ee.jar in the
classpath, yes ? (In the "Extra Class Path"
tab)

Rob

CollabraSpace - Revolutionary Collaboration
Visit us at http://www.collabraspace.com
This message has been scanned for viruses by
ClamAV v0.83

Re: Firebird

kl-2
Thanks for the message.

Now it becomes clear that we are talking about different drivers.
The Jaybird-2.0.0RC1 driver does not contain firebirdsql.jar.
So I went back to the driver FirebirdSQL-1.0.0.zip and there is no
problem with this driver.

Regards

Wolfgang Kluge