Fields and tables with "-" included

Stefan.Marquardt
Hi,

When pressing the content tab I get very often an error (exception) caused by "-" in field or table names.

I got this feedback from the JDBC driver/database support:

The error is happening because of the table names tbl.Bh-Status and tbl.Uid that should be tbl."Bh-Status" and tbl."Uid" in the SQL query used and generated by SQuirrel SQL for previewing the data in the 'Content' tab.
If I add the double quotes (tbl."Bh-Status" and tbl."Uid") to the 2 tables causing the SQL syntax error then the SQL query succeed:

Unfortunately I did not found an option in SQuirrel SQL that would automatically add double quotes around all the table names for previewing data in the content tab.

Stefan

==================================
Hannover Rück SE, Handelsregister (Commercial Register) Hannover HRB 6778 / E+S Rückversicherung AG, Handelsregister (Commercial Register) Hannover HRB 6117; für beide Gesellschaften gilt (applicable to both companies): Karl-Wiechert-Allee 50, 30625 Hannover, Germany; Sitz (registered office) der Gesellschaften: Hannover; Aufsichtsrat (Supervisory Board): Herbert K. Haas (Vorsitzender/Chairman); Vorstand (Executive Board): Ulrich Wallin (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Sven Althoff*, Claude Chèvre*, Jürgen Gräber*, Dr. Klaus Miller, Dr. Michael Pickel, Roland Vogel (*nur Mitglied des Vorstands der Hannover Rück SE/member of the Hannover Rück SE Executive Board only)

Re: Fields and tables with "-" included

Thomas Lenarz
Am 25.02.2016 um 16:12 schrieb [hidden email]:
> When pressing the content tab I get very often an error (exception) caused by "-" in field or table names.
Hi Stefan,
some time ago I raised the following two bugs concerning that problem:

https://sourceforge.net/p/squirrel-sql/bugs/1210/
https://sourceforge.net/p/squirrel-sql/bugs/1183/

It should be solved at least for some databases.

All the Best,
Thomas

Re: Fields and tables with "-" included

Stefan.Marquardt
Hello Thomas,

i read this from Gerd Wagner:
"Fixed in our Git repository. Will be available in future versions and snapshots."

No access and knowledge about GIT to check the fix but if this is true ODBC/JDBC wasn't fixed?

DBeaver puts " around every table and field.

Stefan

Am 25.02.2016 um 16:12 schrieb [hidden email]:
> When pressing the content tab I get very often an error (exception) caused by "-" in field or table names.
Hi Stefan,
some time ago I raised the following two bugs concerning that problem:

https://sourceforge.net/p/squirrel-sql/bugs/1210/
https://sourceforge.net/p/squirrel-sql/bugs/1183/

It should be solved at least for some databases.

All the Best,
Thomas

==================================
Hannover Rück SE, Handelsregister (Commercial Register) Hannover HRB 6778 / E+S Rückversicherung AG, Handelsregister (Commercial Register) Hannover HRB 6117; für beide Gesellschaften gilt (applicable to both companies): Karl-Wiechert-Allee 50, 30625 Hannover, Germany; Sitz (registered office) der Gesellschaften: Hannover; Aufsichtsrat (Supervisory Board): Herbert K. Haas (Vorsitzender/Chairman); Vorstand (Executive Board): Ulrich Wallin (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Sven Althoff*, Claude Chèvre*, Jürgen Gräber*, Dr. Klaus Miller, Dr. Michael Pickel, Roland Vogel (*nur Mitglied des Vorstands der Hannover Rück SE/member of the Hannover Rück SE Executive Board only)

Re: Fields and tables with "-" included

Hi Stefan,

which version of SQuirreL are you using?

A similar bug was fixed shortly before the 3.7 release, see
https://sourceforge.net/p/squirrel-sql/bugs/1210/
The fix should be included in 3.7 as well as in later snapshots.

Gerd

Am 25.02.2016 um 16:12 schrieb [hidden email]:

> Hi,
>
> When pressing the content tab I get very often an error (exception) caused by "-" in field or table names.
>
> I got this feedback from the JDBC driver/database support:
>
> The error is happening because of the table names tbl.Bh-Status and tbl.Uid that should be tbl."Bh-Status" and tbl."Uid" in the SQL query used and generated by SQuirrel SQL for previewing the data in the 'Content' tab.
> If I add the double quotes (tbl."Bh-Status" and tbl."Uid") to the 2 tables causing the SQL syntax error then the SQL query succeed:
>
> Unfortunately I did not found an option in SQuirrel SQL that would automatically add double quotes around all the table names for previewing data in the content tab.
>

> Stefan
>
> ==================================
> Hannover Rück SE, Handelsregister (Commercial Register) Hannover HRB 6778 / E+S Rückversicherung AG, Handelsregister (Commercial Register) Hannover HRB 6117; für beide Gesellschaften gilt (applicable to both companies): Karl-Wiechert-Allee 50, 30625 Hannover, Germany; Sitz (registered office) der Gesellschaften: Hannover; Aufsichtsrat (Supervisory Board): Herbert K. Haas (Vorsitzender/Chairman); Vorstand (Executive Board): Ulrich Wallin (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Sven Althoff*, Claude Chèvre*, Jürgen Gräber*, Dr. Klaus Miller, Dr. Michael Pickel, Roland Vogel (*nur Mitglied des Vorstands der Hannover Rück SE/member of the Hannover Rück SE Executive Board only)

Re: Fields and tables with "-" included

Stefan.Marquardt
Hello,

I am using 3.7 and the error was verified externally by the database support too.

Kind regards

Stefan Marquardt, Information Technology, IT Domain Direct | Hannover Re, Karl-Wiechert-Allee 50, 30625 Hannover, Germany | Phone +49 511 5604 2799, Fax +49 511 5604 4799, [hidden email] |  www.hannover-re.com

which version of SQuirreL are you using?

A similar bug was fixed shortly before the 3.7 release, see https://sourceforge.net/p/squirrel-sql/bugs/1210/
The fix should be included in 3.7 as well as in later snapshots.

Gerd

Am 25.02.2016 um 16:12 schrieb [hidden email]:

> Hi,
>
> When pressing the content tab I get very often an error (exception) caused by "-" in field or table names.
>
> I got this feedback from the JDBC driver/database support:
>
> The error is happening because of the table names tbl.Bh-Status and tbl.Uid that should be tbl."Bh-Status" and tbl."Uid" in the SQL query used and generated by SQuirrel SQL for previewing the data in the 'Content' tab.
> If I add the double quotes (tbl."Bh-Status" and tbl."Uid") to the 2 tables causing the SQL syntax error then the SQL query succeed:
>
> Unfortunately I did not found an option in SQuirrel SQL that would automatically add double quotes around all the table names for previewing data in the content tab.
>

> Stefan
>
> ==================================
> Hannover Rück SE, Handelsregister (Commercial Register) Hannover HRB 6778 / E+S Rückversicherung AG, Handelsregister (Commercial Register) Hannover HRB 6117; für beide Gesellschaften gilt (applicable to both companies): Karl-Wiechert-Allee 50, 30625 Hannover, Germany; Sitz (registered office) der Gesellschaften: Hannover; Aufsichtsrat (Supervisory Board): Herbert K. Haas (Vorsitzender/Chairman); Vorstand (Executive Board): Ulrich Wallin (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Sven Althoff*, Claude Chèvre*, Jürgen Gräber*, Dr. Klaus Miller, Dr. Michael Pickel, Roland Vogel (*nur Mitglied des Vorstands der Hannover Rück SE/member of the Hannover Rück SE Executive Board only)

Re: Fields and tables with "-" included

Gerd Wagner-3
Am 04.03.2016 um 08:03 schrieb [hidden email]:
> Hello,
>
> I am using 3.7 and the error was verified externally by the database support too.

Would you mind trying out the latest snapshot:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/squirrel-sql/files/3-snapshots/snapshot-20160306_2127/squirrel-sql-snapshot-20160306_2127-standard.jar/download

Maybe the snapshot will already work for you.
If it doesn't warnings can be found in the logs that contain the
complete SQLs executed.

Gerd