Error during task execution: sun/io/ByteToCharConverter

Error during task execution: sun/io/ByteToCharConverter

bjarne.m
Hello,

I updated my java version from 7.xx 32bit to 8.25 64bit. Since then I am receiving the error message:

Error occured during task execution: sun/io/ByteToCharConverter

This happens when I try to setup the connection to my DB2 database.

I used a 32 bit version of Squirrel before the error occured. When I started occuring I upgrade to Squirrel 3.6 64bti. However, this didn't help. Any suggestions what I could do?

Re: Error during task execution: sun/io/ByteToCharConverter

dracuella
I'm sure you've sorted this out by now, Bjarne, but for anyone else stumbling across this in search of answers, I'd like to post a reply.

I had the same problem after upgrading my Java and the solution for me was to update my DB2 drivers to, if not the latest, then a newer version. Only problem was finding them since you need login for IBM, it seems.

Hope this helps others with the same issue