Drivers installation

sathesh.sundaram

Hello,

I'm a new user of SQuirreL SQL,  I have installed it my laptop and I have chosen plugins for Oracle, PostgreSQL etc..,

But when I try to connect to PostgreSQL, the connection kept failing. Then I downloaded the JDBC driver from PostgreSQL website and placed it under the lib folder in SQuirreL SQL installation, which helped the connection.

I have a very basic question, does the drivers for the plugins which I choose during installation get installed automatically or I need to download the JDBC drivers for different databases and place it under lib folder.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Sathesh

Re: Drivers installation

Alex Malmyguine-2

You need to set up the driver in the Drivers section.

Choose PostgreSQL and provide a path to the JAR, etc.

Alex

Re: Drivers installation

sathesh.sundaram

Thanks for response Alex, can you please tell if I need to download the jar file from https://jdbc.postgresql.org/   or the required JAR files will be provided along with Squirrel SQL download.

Thanks,

Sathesh

You need to set up the driver in the Drivers section.

Choose PostgreSQL and provide a path to the JAR, etc.

Alex

Re: Drivers installation

Alex Malmyguine-2

When I installed Squirrel it did not come with any JDBC drivers and I had to d/l JTDS for MS SQL, IBM’s driver for DB2 and MySQL driver from Oracle.

I do not know much about PostgreSQL but their web site is probably a good starting point.

Thank you!

Alex