Cannot connect MSSQL

Don Barton
I am trying to connect to a MSSQL server at work (testing environment), but
not able to connect to my server with the Squirrel.
I have downloaded DBeaver, and HeidiSQL, both of which have no problem
connecting to the MSSQL server.

With the DBeaver, I am using:
jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://xx.xx.xx.xxx.:1433/TESTDB.  HeidiSQL works as well
after just supplying the IP address.

But when I use this connection string with the Squirrel, I get:

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.sql.SQLException: Unable to create connection. Check your URL.

So I am not sure why it would work with 2 other clients, but not with the
Squirrel.  I really like this client, especially because of its SQL building
capabilities.
I've googled several times, each trying something a little different, but
not hitting on what I need to do to get Squirrel to work.  I tried many
variant of the connection string as well, all to no avail.

Don

Re: Cannot connect MSSQL

Matt Ferreira
In your ip example you have a trailing period
"jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://xx.xx.xx.xxx."  Try removing that

Also Check the connection string against the driver you are using. When you are setting up the connection and choosing the driver, it gives you a year example. While this shouldn't change between clients, it very well might. I don't use the MsSql driver so i am unable to tell you what it should be.

> On May 9, 2016, at 10:19 PM, Don Barton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am trying to connect to a MSSQL server at work (testing environment), but
> not able to connect to my server with the Squirrel.
> I have downloaded DBeaver, and HeidiSQL, both of which have no problem
> connecting to the MSSQL server.
>
> With the DBeaver, I am using:
> jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://xx.xx.xx.xxx.:1433/TESTDB.  HeidiSQL works as well
> after just supplying the IP address.
>
> But when I use this connection string with the Squirrel, I get:
>
> java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
> java.sql.SQLException: Unable to create connection. Check your URL.
>
> So I am not sure why it would work with 2 other clients, but not with the
> Squirrel.  I really like this client, especially because of its SQL building
> capabilities.
> I've googled several times, each trying something a little different, but
> not hitting on what I need to do to get Squirrel to work.  I tried many
> variant of the connection string as well, all to no avail.
>
> Don

Re: Cannot connect MSSQL

Neville Rowe
Hi Don,
A quick check - have you got the driver loaded? I don't use the JTDS driver but I just up that URL into Squirrel here and got that error.
Neville

> On 10 May 2016, at 03:21, Don Barton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am trying to connect to a MSSQL server at work (testing environment), but
> not able to connect to my server with the Squirrel.
> I have downloaded DBeaver, and HeidiSQL, both of which have no problem
> connecting to the MSSQL server.
>
> With the DBeaver, I am using:
> jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://xx.xx.xx.xxx.:1433/TESTDB.  HeidiSQL works as well
> after just supplying the IP address.
>
> But when I use this connection string with the Squirrel, I get:
>
> java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
> java.sql.SQLException: Unable to create connection. Check your URL.
>
> So I am not sure why it would work with 2 other clients, but not with the
> Squirrel.  I really like this client, especially because of its SQL building
> capabilities.
> I've googled several times, each trying something a little different, but
> not hitting on what I need to do to get Squirrel to work.  I tried many
> variant of the connection string as well, all to no avail.
>
> Don

Re: Cannot connect MSSQL

Alex Malmyguine-2

The setup should be like this (I have 2 paths entered as I experimented with both JTDS and MS drivers and still have both installed).

And then you set up aliases using this syntax (different if using MS driver):

Alex

[...]

Mobile security can be enabling, not merely restricting. Employees who bring their own devices (BYOD) to work are irked by the imposition of MDM restrictions. Mobile Device Manager Plus allows you to control only the apps on BYO-devices by containerizing them, leaving personal data untouched!