3.3.0 compile errors

Baxter, Betsy
I am compiling the 3.3 source that I obtained from the download page -
squirrel-sql-3.3.0-source.zip  dated 2011-11-21.  I am compiling it in
eclipse.  There are a lot of compile errors.  I found one that I was
able to correct by adding an additional import.

This was in fw.datasetviewer.cellcomponent module
IDataTypeComponentFactory.java.   Eclipse was complaining that Dialect
Type could not be resolved to a type.  When I added the import
net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.dialects.DialectType  The error was
resolved.

My understanding was that this source is stable.  Did I get the wrong
source?  Are there updates to the 3.3.0 source that I should retrieve?

Many thanks,

Betsy

Re: 3.3.0 compile errors

Robert Manning
I just download the source (
http://sourceforge.net/projects/squirrel-sql/files/1-stable/3.4.0/squirrel-sql-3.4.0-source.zip/download)
and imported sql12/pom.xml as a maven project.  The source for the "fw"
module in the zip has the following:

import net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.dialects.DialectType;

at line 21 of IDataTypeComponentFactory.java.  Perhaps the source zip you
used wasn't 3.4.0 stable ?

Also, do you have your development environment set up correctly? ( see
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/squirrel-sql/wiki/DeveloperGuide)

Rob

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 8:31 PM, Baxter, Betsy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am compiling the 3.3 source that I obtained from the download page -
> squirrel-sql-3.3.0-source.zip  dated 2011-11-21.  I am compiling it in
> eclipse.  There are a lot of compile errors.  I found one that I was
> able to correct by adding an additional import.
>
> This was in fw.datasetviewer.cellcomponent module
> IDataTypeComponentFactory.java.   Eclipse was complaining that Dialect
> Type could not be resolved to a type.  When I added the import
> net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.dialects.DialectType  The error was
> resolved.
>
> My understanding was that this source is stable.  Did I get the wrong
> source?  Are there updates to the 3.3.0 source that I should retrieve?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Betsy

Re: 3.3.0 compile errors

Baxter, Betsy
Rob,

I installed 3.3.0 from the stable directory in hopes that I would avoid
problems.  I am using Eclipse instead of Maven.  I suppose I can start
over with 3.4.0, but shouldn't 3.3.0 compile cleanly?

Thanks for the response,

Betsy

Re: 3.3.0 compile errors

Robert Manning
Actually, you really want to use Eclipse *and* Maven (using the M2Eclipse
eclipse plugin).  It provides integration for maven projects in Eclipse.
It allows you to import existing Maven projects by just pointing to the
directory that contains the pom.xml file.  Take a look at the link I sent
to you and let me know if you run into any problems installing the
M2Eclipse plugin.

Rob